Geely Preface, a shining star in the Geely lineup, has captured the hearts of many automobile enthusiasts since its inception. To ensure your Geely Preface performs at its peak, choosing the right engine oil is crucial. In this article, we’ll explore the recommended engine oil for various Geely Preface models from their debut until 2021, including the engine oil brands and specifications to keep your ride running smoothly.
Geely Preface and Its Remarkable Journey
Before we dive into engine oil recommendations, let’s take a brief look at the Geely Preface and its evolution:
1. Geely Preface Introduction
The Geely Preface first hit the market in 2020, showcasing Geely’s commitment to innovation and design. This midsize sedan was designed with both aesthetics and performance in mind, making it a formidable competitor in its class.
2. Geely Preface Engine Options
Throughout its production history, the Geely Preface offered a range of engine options, including:
- 1.5-liter turbocharged inline-3 engine
- 1.8-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine
- 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine
Now, let’s explore the recommended engine oils for each of these engines in different Geely Preface models.
Recommended Engine Oils for Geely Preface Models
1. Geely Preface 1.5T
Engine Type: 1.5-liter turbocharged inline-3 engine
Recommended Engine Oil: For optimal performance, it’s advisable to use synthetic engine oils with a viscosity rating of 5W-30 or 5W-40. Several reputable brands that offer suitable options include:
- Mobil 1: Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30
- Castrol: Castrol Edge 5W-30
- Shell: Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40
Oil Change Frequency: Change the engine oil every 5,000 to 7,500 miles (8,000 to 12,000 kilometers) or every 6 months, whichever comes first. The oil capacity is approximately 4 liters.
2. Geely Preface 1.8T
Engine Type: 1.8-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine
Recommended Engine Oil: Similar to the 1.5T, the 1.8T engine benefits from synthetic oils with a viscosity rating of 5W-30 or 5W-40. Some compatible brands are:
- Valvoline: Valvoline SynPower 5W-30
- Pennzoil: Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-30
- Total Quartz: Total Quartz 9000 Future NFC 5W-40
Oil Change Frequency: Change the engine oil every 5,000 to 7,500 miles (8,000 to 12,000 kilometers) or every 6 months. You’ll need around 4.5 liters of oil for each change.
3. Geely Preface 2.0T
Engine Type: 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine
Recommended Engine Oil: For the 2.0T engine, it’s best to stick with synthetic oils of 5W-30 or 5W-40 viscosity. Some suitable brands include:
- Royal Purple: Royal Purple High Performance 5W-30
- AMSOIL: AMSOIL Signature Series 5W-30
- Petro-Canada: Petro-Canada SUPREME Synthetic 5W-40
Oil Change Frequency: Change the engine oil every 5,000 to 7,500 miles (8,000 to 12,000 kilometers) or every 6 months. You’ll require approximately 4.5 liters of oil per oil change.
Interesting Facts About Geely Preface
Before we conclude, here are three fascinating facts about the Geely Preface:
- Global Impact: Geely Preface made its international debut, contributing to Geely’s global expansion. It’s a testament to the automaker’s ambitions on the international stage.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: The Geely Preface incorporates advanced technologies, including an innovative GKUI19 infotainment system and a comprehensive suite of safety features, making it a tech-savvy sedan.
- Performance Variants: Geely introduced performance-oriented versions of the Preface, such as the Preface GT, catering to driving enthusiasts who crave an extra dose of speed and agility.
In conclusion, choosing the right engine oil for your Geely Preface is essential for maintaining its performance and longevity. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and consult your owner’s manual for specific guidance. Regular oil changes with the appropriate engine oil will help your Geely Preface continue to impress on the road.
More information about Geely cars here: Geely