As a proud owner of a Ford Edge, you know that maintaining your vehicle’s engine is essential to keep it running smoothly for years to come. One crucial aspect of engine maintenance is selecting the right engine oil. In this article, we will delve into the recommended engine oil for various Ford Edge models and engine types from its inception until 2021. We will also explore some of the top engine oil brands and their specific products that are ideal for your Ford Edge.
Understanding Your Ford Edge
Before we dive into the recommended engine oils, let’s briefly understand the Ford Edge and its diverse range of engines over the years. The Ford Edge, introduced in 2006, has undergone several transformations and improvements in its engines. These improvements have led to various engine types, each with specific requirements for engine oil.
First Generation (2006-2014)
The first-generation Ford Edge featured two engine options:
- 3.5L Duratec V6 Engine: This engine required a high-quality synthetic engine oil with a viscosity of 5W-20, such as Castrol Edge Extended Performance, Mobil 1 Extended Performance, or Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic.
- 3.7L Duratec V6 Engine: Similar to the 3.5L engine, the 3.7L engine also recommended a 5W-20 synthetic oil.
Second Generation (2015-2019)
The second-generation Ford Edge offered a broader range of engine options:
- 2.0L EcoBoost I-4 Engine: This turbocharged engine favored synthetic oils like Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy, Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage, or Royal Purple High-Performance Synthetic.
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6 Engine: For this high-performance engine, it is advisable to use a synthetic oil with a viscosity of 5W-30. Brands like Castrol Edge, Pennzoil Platinum, or AMSOIL Signature Series would be excellent choices.
- 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: This engine, also available in the second generation, prefers a 5W-20 synthetic oil.
Third Generation (2020-2021)
The third-generation Ford Edge maintained some of the previous engines, and engine oil recommendations remained consistent:
- 2.0L EcoBoost I-4 Engine: Continue using synthetic oils like Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy or Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage.
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6 Engine: Stick to 5W-30 synthetic oils, such as Castrol Edge or Pennzoil Platinum.
- 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: If you own a model with this engine, opt for 5W-20 synthetic oil.
Top Engine Oil Brands for Your Ford Edge
Now that you have a better understanding of the engine oil requirements for different Ford Edge models, let’s explore some reputable engine oil brands and their specific product lines suitable for your vehicle:
- Mobil 1: Mobil 1 offers a range of synthetic oils designed for high-performance engines. Their Advanced Fuel Economy and Extended Performance lines are well-suited for Ford Edge models.
- Castrol Edge: Castrol Edge is known for its strength and durability. The Edge line of products is suitable for Ford Edge engines, especially the 2.7L EcoBoost V6.
- Pennzoil Platinum: Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic oils provide excellent protection for your Ford Edge’s engine and are available in various viscosities to match different engine types.
- Valvoline: Valvoline’s Full Synthetic High Mileage oil is ideal for vehicles with higher mileage, providing extra protection for older Ford Edge models.
- Royal Purple: Royal Purple’s High-Performance Synthetic oils are designed to maximize engine performance and protection, making them a great choice for Ford Edge enthusiasts.
Interesting Facts about the Ford Edge
Before we conclude, let’s explore three intriguing facts about the Ford Edge:
- Innovative Safety Features: Ford Edge has consistently featured advanced safety technologies, including adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, and Ford’s Co-Pilot360 suite of driver-assist features, making it a standout in its class for safety.
- Global Popularity: The Ford Edge is not just popular in the United States; it has gained a global following. It’s sold in various countries, making it a truly international SUV.
- Sporty ST Model: In 2019, Ford introduced the Edge ST, a sportier and more powerful version of the Edge, featuring a 2.7L EcoBoost V6 engine producing 335 horsepower. This model appealed to performance enthusiasts.
In conclusion, choosing the right engine oil for your Ford Edge is crucial for maintaining its longevity and performance. Change the engine oil regularly and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Take weather conditions into account.
Interested in other Ford Models? Check out new interesting articles about Ford models here: Ford